Indoor Air Quality
- Gas Piping
- Priority Customer
A Certified Nexia Thermostat Partner in Grand Rapids, MI
When people think about the latest and greatest in whole-home heating and cooling technology, they often forget about one of the most sophisticated parts in the whole system:
You might not realize just how big an effect the thermostat has on your home, from your overall comfort levels to how much you end up paying in energy bills every month. After all, the thermostat is the brain behind the whole system—your HVAC system can only work as well as your thermostat does.
Typically, you’ll want to upgrade your thermostat whenever you upgrade your AC or heating system. But if you’ve never experienced a Nexia thermostat, anytime is a good time to upgrade. As a certified Nexia installer, we at Westshore Mechanical are 100% qualified to install the best of smart thermostat technology in your home, regardless of the brands you currently use.
We’ll help you find the best Nexia product for your needs. Contact Westshore Mechanical today to find out more.
Turn Your Home Into a Nexia Smart Home
The unfortunate truth is that many homeowners in Grand Rapids, MI simply don’t know how to use their thermostat properly. It’s not as if we’re all put through formal thermostat training, after all. Common mistakes include lowering the temperature well below what’s desired, simply to try and make the system work faster. Surprisingly, this can have the opposite effect.
With a Wi–Fi thermostat, you can effortlessly control your home’s temperature without compromising efficiency. It will help you save time and money with:
- Convenience: Voice controls and smart phone integration helps you change the temperature without breaking a sweat. Control everything through Wi–Fi or Ethernet.
- Live Forecasts: Instantly receive weather forecast, radar, and alerts straight to your thermostat’s display.
- Simplified Scheduling: Crack down on energy usage down to the minute with up to six daily heating and cooling schedules. Or, let the Nexia smart home website create schedules for you.
- Automation: Connect additional devices to automate more functions. For example, adjust the temperature when your window and door sensors detect an open window or door.
Signs You Should Upgrade to a Smart Thermostat
Not sure if it’s time to update your thermostat? There are a few indicators to help you determine if an upgrade will benefit your system. Of course, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. As a certified Nexia installer, we can answer any of your questions.
Some possible reasons for upgrading the thermostat include:
- It’s up there in age: Thermostats between 10 and 15 years old are on their way out. You should have your thermostat changed as soon as possible if you’re still using one with a mercury switch.
- You still have a basic, digital thermostat: Digital thermostats are far better than the classic slider controls, but an average digital thermostat does not come with any programmable features.
- Short–cycling: If your HVAC system turns on and off too quickly without completing a full heating or cooling cycle, a thermostat in need of replacement could be to blame.
- It doesn’t respond to changes: If your HVAC system doesn’t start working almost immediately after changing the temperature, there may be a problem with the thermostat.
It’s never too early to upgrade to a Wi–Fi thermostat. Contact Westshore Mechanical today. We’ve been serving the homeowners of Grand Rapids, MI since 2004.