We recommend our customers have a tune-up and inspection for their air conditioning system once a year during spring. That way, their AC will be in top shape for handling another hot summer.
However, it’s always better to have air conditioning maintenance done later than not at all. If you haven’t gotten around to scheduling your air conditioner’s professional tune-up yet, don’t worry. The big heat of summer hasn’t struck yet, and you’ll still receive the main benefits of a well-maintained air conditioning system.
The Benefits of Annual Maintenance
Professional maintenance allows expert technicians a chance to inspect all parts of the HVAC system and take care of cleaning, adjustments, and tightenings that will help the system run at its best in the month to come. Some of the tangible benefits of this service are …
- Fewer repair needs: Maintenance can prevent 85% of the repairs an air conditioner may need over its service life. That’s not only money saved, but it’s also time and comfort saved as well.
- Low chance of a breakdown: With fewer malfunctions also comes the reduced chance of having the air conditioner fail completely on a hot day. You won’t be trapped with a non-working air conditioner on a hot day, scrambling for repair work!
- Less expensive operation: When an AC misses its maintenance appointments, it starts to operate less efficiently and cost more to run. Maintaining an air conditioner will keep it running at 95% of its efficiency rating for most of its service life.
- Longer equipment life: An air conditioner can often last up to 15 years if it’s annually maintained. Without maintenance, that lifespan can drop almost in half! Replacing an AC unit years too early is a steep expense.
- Maintain the warranty: The equipment warranty protects you from any factory defects in the air conditioning system. But it only stays in force if the system has yearly professional maintenance. You don’t want to lose the important protection the AC warranty gives you.
Finally, there’s an important intangible benefit: peace of mind. You won’t have to go into the summer worried that your air conditioner may suddenly stop working. You’ll feel confident whenever you turn it on that you’ll receive the best performance from it.
Become a Priority Customer and Enjoy Better Air Conditioning
It’s easy to arrange for air conditioning maintenance in Grand Rapids, MI. You only have to call us to sign up as a Priority Customer. As a Priority Customer, you receive our exclusive precision tune-ups twice a year, once for your AC and once for your heater. In addition to the many benefits of having your air conditioner in the best possible shape, you’ll also receive:
- A 15% discount on all repairs
- No overtime fees—no matter the time of day or night
- Priority status for service, so you can jump to the front of the queue
- A 5-year parts and labor warranty
This agreement is transferable if you move, or can be transferred to the new owner.
Become a Priority Customer today with Westshore Mechanical. Serving West Michigan Since 2004.